Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quote of the Day: Business Value of Austrian Economics

I came to Austrian economics because that is how business in the real world felt to me.

Bingo!

Professor Arnold Kling captures the essence of what has attracted me to Austrian economics…real world values applied to business and the finance.

Considering that my career has revolved around dealing with markets, I have long been immersed or indoctrinated with conventional methodologies based on formulaic sciences, pattern seeking models and of heuristics veneered as traditionalism that has only led to many frustrations and manifold errors.

Austrian economics has not only signified out of the box thinking, but most importantly has helped me survived the recent storms from its common sense approach to economic analysis, i.e. human action, law of scarcity, knowledge problem, and opportunity costs.

No comments: