Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quote of the Day: The Taxman is My Shepherd

The IRS is my shepherd; I shall live in want. It maketh me to lie down with expensive accountants; it leadeth me to consort with disreputable lawyers. It crusheth my soul; it leadeth me in the paths of avoidance and evasion to preserve my wealth. Yea, as I walk through the valley of the shadow of penalties and interest charges, I will fear its evil; for it is with me; its code and its staff they torment me. It preparest a table before me in the presence of U.S. attorneys: it bruiseth my head with its reporting requirements; my cup of patience runneth out. Surely goodness and mercy shall be strangers to me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house that a plundering state has made forever.
This is from Austrian economist Robert Higgs at the Independent Institute.

No comments: