Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday DSL Blues, DSL Bleg

Once again my DSL connection has totally bogged down similar to last Saturday.

And there seems no way to be able to operate normally when the company’s DSL technician tells you that this has been a "bandwidth traffic" problem which means network connectivity disruption has been company problem and not a local one. That’s if such a claim is true. I have been in agony this April for having to call PLDT’s service repair number 172 to report on disruptions quite frequently (about 3x a week). Today I called twice.

Aside from wasting too much time on PLDT’s 172, to my dismay I went to their office and found out that the PLDT’s Dansalan, Mandaluyong business zone is closed on Saturdays, so there won’t be any attempts to address “network problems”, since I would assume that my connection has been linked to the Dansalan office, where their technical people comes from. [update: I just received a call from PLDT promising to remedy this, but I don't need promises, I need results: services for the payments rendered]

I have been a subscriber on PLDT’s DSL for about 9 years. Yet from my end, their services has been rapidly worsening.

Has this been just me or Mandaluyong based subscribers? Or has PLDT’s DSL connection really been a general network problem? I would appreciate some feedback from my Philippine based readers who are wired via PLDT’s DSL.

Since I am also considering a switch, I would also appreciate comments or recommendations for those who are connected with Globe and Skycable.

Pls post your comments or email me: benson.te@gmail.com

Thanks.


No comments: