Thursday, April 28, 2016

Quote of the Day: Enough is Enough. No Endorsement to State Plunder of People Through Elections

Austrian economist Robert Higgs posted at his Facebook page:
I realize that the suspense may become unbearable unless I make the following announcement, so here it is: I will not be endorsing any of the candidates seeking the Republican or Democratic Party nominations for president nor any of those seeking nomination by the minor parties. Indeed, I will not be endorsing the election itself. Finally, I will not be endorsing the continued existence of the nation-state over which these aspirants seek to preside. Enough is enough. I will not give my endorsement to politics as usual, a process by which competing parties seek to gain control the state's powers in order to plunder and bully the people at large for the sake of their principal supporters. Oh that all other people would join me in withdrawing their endorsement -- indeed, their acquiescence and blessings. Decent people ought to flee the whole diabolical process, leaving only the criminally inclined to go to war exclusively against one another without sacrificing the bodies, souls, and wealth of innocent parties.


No comments: