Thursday, September 15, 2016

The PSE Deodorized PSEi's July PER

I thought so


Given how PSE officials have censored eps performance for 2015 for PSE universe, I harbored doubts if they will actually report on PERs based on 2015 EPS as basis for their July numbers (published at the BSP). My suspicions were validated. They didn't. Instead they resorted to accounting/statistical acrobatics.
   

I regularly take note of the PERs of all PSEi issues as published at the PSE on a weekly basis. This I base as the official PER

And that's what it looked like at the close of July (averaged). The above is the sum of PERs divided by 30 (issues)

Moreover, the numbers that I get are always smaller than what the PSE published. So it's the first time not only for the huge difference but of a reverse of the numbers shown by the PSE on their weekly data and the official PER

Manipulation of stocks. Manipulation of statistics. 

Anything to justify a pump

No comments: